Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like chicken and noodles, you'll love this casserole. It's an easy one-dish dinner!
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 shakes salt, pepper and garlic powder (to season chicken)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Saute chicken in oil (or pam to lower fat content) until golden brown.
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water until tender and drain.
- Combine noodles, chicken, mayo, celery, onion and salt.
- In a pot, blend the soup and milk until heated through.
- Add cheddar cheese to soup, heating until the cheese melts.
- Combine soup with noodle mixture and put into casserole dish.
- Melt butter in pan and add the breadcrumbs, heating until golden brown.
- Top casserole with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes.
Oh my this is addicting, one our new favs. Thanks
I left celery out and replaced cheddar cheese with mozzerella, because it's what I had in the house. It turned out excellent. My family Loved it and we will make it again.