Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in the Sunday coupon inserts of the Houston Chronicle, and after changing it up just a smidgen, we really enjoy it as a quick and easy and inexpensive meal! It's a drier casserole, so if you like creamy ones, you may want to add more milk. I'm just posting my version. I think you could probably make this with tuna for a yummy variation, also! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 (5 ounce) canschunk canned chicken, drained
- 2 cups hot medium cooked egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir soup, milk, peas, chicken and noodles in a 1/2-qt casserole dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until hot. Stir.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter in a cup and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
This was fast, easy and good! We will be making this again, especially when my nieces and nephews are here visiting. Thanks!
I used chicken I had in the freezer. I also used chicken broth for boiling chicken. Both that I had in my freezer. I also cut up some carrots about the size of the peas and added it to the boiling noodles then drained. Mixed everything up and baked in the oven just like you have in the recipe. Very Very Good Thank You so much for sharing. Hugs
I changed it a little but I think it still woks. I used cream of mushroom soup and mixed all the ingredients together in the pot I cooked the egg noodles in. I added a handful of cheddar cheese and let it melt b4 pouring into a casserole dish and topping with seasoned breadcrumbs. I sprayed with butter flavor cooking spray and then baked until browned. Very tasty and easy. Thanks for posting.