Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from Reams Noodles but I added more veggies. This is soo good! It is similar to Panera breads creamy chicken noodle. The kids liked it too. I make some and freeze the uneaten in separate bowls so I have a quick lunch.
- 2267.96 g chicken broth
- 340.19 g egg noodles (Pkg. frozen)
- 175.76 g box wild rice mix (quick cook)
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 473.18 ml cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- 118.29 ml onion (diced)
- 236.59 ml carrot (diced)
- 236.59 ml celery (diced)
- In large pan or dutch oven combine 9 cups chicken broth( reserve 1 cup for later), carrots, celery,and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add Frozen egg noodles and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minute.
- Add rice and seasoning packet and cook for 5 minute.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of reserved broth, flour, salt, pepper,poultry seasoning till smooth.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the soup pot stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling; cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Slowly add half and half to soup stirring constantly.
- Add diced chicken.
- Heat through.
I made this with peas instead of celery. It is a wonderful thick soup. It's like a creamy chicken noodle soup. My mother-in-law even approved.
This was delicous. I used a whole rotisserie chicken from the store, shredded it and put it in to save cooking time. I added dried onion, garlic powder,a couple slices of left over bacon, and celery. This was quick, easy and sooo yummy!!!