1/1 Photo of Chicken Noodle and Wild Rice Soup
Recipe from Reams Noodles but I added more veggies. This is soo good! It is similar to Panera breads creamy chicken noodle. The kids liked it too. I make some and freeze the uneaten in separate bowls so I have a quick lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 80 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces egg noodles (Pkg. frozen)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box wild rice mix (quick cook)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1In large pan or dutch oven combine 9 cups chicken broth( reserve 1 cup for later), carrots, celery,and onion. Bring to a boil.
- 2Add Frozen egg noodles and return to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minute.
- 4Add rice and seasoning packet and cook for 5 minute.
- 5In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of reserved broth, flour, salt, pepper,poultry seasoning till smooth.
- 6Add the flour mixture slowly to the soup pot stirring constantly.
- 7Bring to boiling; cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- 8Slowly add half and half to soup stirring constantly.
- 9Add diced chicken.
- 10Heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle and Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 929.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g