Recipe by **Mandy**
A delicious chicken parcel with wine pesto sauce. Found this in an outdoor kitchen cookbook.
Top Review by noway
Some of my favorite flavors: Wine, sundried tomatoes, pesto, cheese.....how can you go wrong? I used 1/3 cup chardonnay like previous reviewers and felt it was a good amount. Next time I would increase the pesto, probably double it. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, extra
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken fillet & insert cheese & ham & spread with pesto.
- Melt butter in a pan & cook chicken over a medium heat for approx 5 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken & keep warm.
- Add chives, wine & stock to the pan & simmer 3 mins, add pesto & tomatoes.
- Combine cornflour & water & add to sauce, simmer until thickened slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.