Chicken Cutlets With Artichokes, Tomato and Mozzarella
I love this recipe. I think it is the simple little lemon sauce that makes it. From Gourmet.
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally and flattened to form 4 cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices of ripe fresh tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1⁄2 cup sliced drained marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper to taste and dredge them in the flour, coating them thoroughly and shaking off the excess.
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil over medium high heat, and in the fat sauté the cutlets in 2 batches for 1 minute on each side or until they are just cooked through. Transfer them to a baking dish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the garlic, and cook stirring over medium low heat for a few moments. Add the wine and the lemon juice and simmer the mixture until it is reduced by half.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the remaining tablespoon butter, and swirl the skillet until the butter is incorporated in the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cutlets, and top the cutlets with the tomato, the artichoke hearts, and the mozzarella.
- Broil the cutlets about 3 inches from the heat until the mozzarella is melted and begins to bubble.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation