1/1 Photo of Chicken Meatballs
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Chicken Meatballs flavoured with a blend of herbs in a tomato-red-capsicum-basil sauce, served over rice or noodles. This dish is suitable for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped, plus leaves to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- plain flour, to lightly dust the meatballs
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine chicken mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, herbs, parmesan and the lightly beaten egg.
- 2Season to taste, mix well and with floured hands, shape the mixture into 12 meatballs.
- 3Place on a tray, cover loosely and chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, over a medium heat, add the onions and capsicums and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- 5Add the tomatoes (and the juice), 1 tablespoon chopped basil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- 6Transfer the tomato sauce to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth and season to taste.
- 7Clean the pan.
- 8Melt the butter in the pan, add the meatballs and sauté over a high heat for five minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly golden-brown all over.
- 9Return the tomato sauce to the pan, simmer for 25 minutes or until the chicken meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- 10Serve over steamed rice or noodles and your favourite salad or side dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.6 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 29.5 g