Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a fancy and delicious Italian specialty. You will love it's sweet flavor, and rich creamy sauce. This is THE anniversary and special occasion meal my wife requests year after year.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, pounded flat
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sweet marsala wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- Place a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet and preheat on medium high heat.
- Place flour in a shallow dish (pie pan) add seasonings.
- Place milk in a bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour, followed by milk.
- Always follow dry wet dry.
- Place chicken breasts in heated skillet, cook until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet to paper towel lined plate.
- Add wine to deglaze pan, place mushrooms and garlic in skillet and saute until tender (5 minutes).
- Add brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste, cream.
- Bring to a slow simmer.
- Add cooked chicken breasts to sauce, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Plate each breast and top with sauce.
Wonderful and easy to make.
The recipe was a little hard to follow, but after one mix up of putting all the liquid ingredients together... once that was corrected it turned ou excellent!
I'm giving this five stars at my hubby's instructions - he loved this dish! Even after omitting the brown sugar and adding HEAPS of seasonings, it was too sweet for me; I'm not really a fan of sweet main meals. I served over rice with some veggies on the side and it made a nice dinner. Recipe was very easy to follow and make - I know DH is really looking forward to his leftovers today for lunch!