Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use dry sherry if you can't find dry Marsala, but don't use sweet Marsala. Ever!
Make and share this Chicken Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook 5 minutes, turning, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Drain off almost all fat.
- Add onion to pan and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Return chicken to pan, along with the marsala and the stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 25 -30 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Season with additional salt and fresh pepper.