GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
Use dry sherry if you can't find dry Marsala, but don't use sweet Marsala. Ever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large frying pan, melt butter with oil over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook 5 minutes, turning, until lightly browned on all sides.
- 5Remove chicken and set aside.
- 6Drain off almost all fat.
- 7Add onion to pan and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, or until softened.
- 8Return chicken to pan, along with the marsala and the stock.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low,cover and simmer 25 -30 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- 10Season with additional salt and fresh pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.4
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 841.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.0 g