Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a new twist on an old favorite. It has all the qualities of a tropical dish. Can't you just hear the rippling sounds of the wind? This salad makes a nice luncheon dish or maybe a light lunch. marthastewart.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons major grey's mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes; cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, chutney, mustard, turmeric, and cayenne; season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and mango; toss.
- Serve on spinach, sprinkled with toasted coconut.