Recipe by Sandyg61
I don't remember where this recipe came from but we make it often. If there is too much sauce to fit in the pie crust, the leftover sauce is good for lunch the next day over rice or noodles.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 onions, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces water (1/2 soup can)
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green part only, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces mushrooms (canned)
- 2 -9 inches pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt butter and sauté the chicken for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the onions,thyme and parsley and continue to cook for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cream of chicken soup, water and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Remove the chicken and onions from the soup.
- Season the soup with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the leeks and mushrooms.
- Place in a 9 inch pie shell.
- Moisten with half the sauce.
- Cover with top crust, and place in a preheated 400 degree oven with a piece of foil over the pie for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, reduce heat to 375 degrees and.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Note: Do not use more than ½ of the sauce in the pie as it will percolate up onto the top crust. Save any left over sauce and filling for lunch.