Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe comes from the restaurant "Brennan's" located in New Orleans. No one has to know how simple and quick it is. I posted this recipe exactly as it was in the book, however, if you like a little "heat" please feel free to add some cayenne pepper to taste.
Top Review by Ninna
Thank you Luby for a great recipe. As I try to substitute low fat ingredients for most recipes, I wondered how I would go doing it for this one without sacrificing flavor but it worked out great. I substituted olive oil spray for the butter and skim evaporated milk for the cream in the sauce – I didn’t add butter to the sauce at the end of cooking either. I cut each chicken breast into 4 strips and shook them in a freezer bag along with the dry ingredients until they were evenly covered. The sauce didn’t thicken like it would have if I had used the cream but the flavor was still there and the chicken strips in the thin sauce were great served over rice. Glen.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
- In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
- When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.