Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These look so pretty when they come out of the oven. I got this recipe when I took a low fat cooking class years ago.
- 1 (12 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- In a bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg and 2 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese. Cover and chill.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add chicken broth, onion, and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, parsley, wine, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir chicken into remaining sauce.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture down a noodle.
- Top the cheese with 2 Tbsp of the tomato mixture.
- Roll up and place seam side down in the pan over the tomato sauce.
- Continue until all noodles are rolled.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the rolls and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
This was a good dinner. We didn't use wine or the cottage cheese. We don't drink wine and I used ricotta instead. This could be made a lot quicker if you just use a bottled pasta sauce.