Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An unusual and tasty starter, or one of the dishes on your curry night. This is a newish dish and uses red,and green peppers and sweetcorn. Good served with drinks ( of the alcohol type ) anytime.
- 1 lb skinless chicken, boned and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 1 pint water
- oil (for frying)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 6 ounces sweetcorn
- 1 dried red chili, crushed
- 1 sprig mint leaf
- Put the chicken, garlic ginger, ground coriander, chilli powder, fenugreek, turmeric, salt, fresh coriander, chillies and water into a pot. Bring to a slow boil and continue cooking till all of the water has evaporated.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a processor blend the mix for two minutes.
- With wet hands form from the mixture into about 12 balls.
- heat the oil in a wok and fry the koftas gently stirring till golden brown, drain them on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the wok and fry the onion, peppers and sweetcorn over high heat for three minutes Drain from the oil.
- Serve the koftas over the onion/ pepper base and garnish with the crushed chilli and mint leaves.