Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was featured in an email from LifeScript Healthy Advantage. Their website address is: www.lifescript.com
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 18 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 12 boneless, skinless breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes)
- olive oil, as needed
- Italian parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge
- 18 bamboo skewers (soaked in water, or metal skewers)
- Puree the garlic, onion, spices, lemon juice and yogurt in the container of a blender or food processor.
- Place the chicken in a non-aluminum container and cover with the marinade. Turn well to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the broiler or make a charcoal fire.
- Thread the chicken on skewers, brush with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes per side for thigh meat, 3 to 4 minutes per side for breast meat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.