Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
low fat chicken sausage soup
Make and share this Chicken Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups chopped broccoli rabe
- spray a 6 qt saucepot with cooking spray.
- cook sausage over medium to high heat until well browned, pour off any remaining fat.
- add carrots, onion and garlic, cook until tender.
- stir in the broth, oregano, bay leaf and lentils. heat to a boil. reduce heat to low. cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- stir in the broccoli rabe, cook for 5 munutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. remove bay leaf.