Recipe by crawfish pie
I got this recipe from A Taste of Home magazine.It is Helen Lamison's from Carnige,Pennsylvania Grand Prize recipe.We love to eat this and maybe you will to!!!!
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes,butter,salt and pepper.
- Press into six greased 10 oz custard cups;set aside (I used a small casserole dish).
- In a small saucepan,saute onion in butter.
- Add the flour,bouillion,worcestershire and basil.
- Stir in the milk.
- Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or till thickened.
- Add chicken and peas.
- Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake,uncovered aat 375 for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.