Recipe by cricketbird
This is one of the first recipes I learned how to make. I found this in a newspaper food section and have been making this for over 25 years. I was getting married and figured it was about time to learn how to cook!! Very simple to prepare, an hour in the oven without watching or turning, and it's done!! All the herbs I used are dried.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, halved into 4 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream and vinegar, let stand 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts in baking dish.
- Stir all remaining ingredients into the cream mixture.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until chicken is fork-tender.