Recipe by Boca Pat
This isn't an original recipe, but one I found somewhere over the years that I've been cooking. It's a family favorite and great for company.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temp.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375; butter a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle rice evenly on bottom of pan; top with chicken pieces; dot with butter; sprinkle with curry pwdr, pakrika, almonds and raisins.
- Pour broth, water and wine over all.
- Cover and bake 1 hr or until chicken is tender.
- Prepare curry sauce; In small saucepan, stir sour cream and blend in cream of chicken soup and curry pwdr; heat over low heat to serving temp.
- Remove chicken from oven; arrange on large serving platter and pour sauce over and serve.