Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like Balsamic vinegar you will love this. If you are a little skittish you may want to add the vinegar in small portions and taste test. As posted this really pops with flavor. I serve this with angel hair pasta and green beans.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 whole garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I use Enova Oil)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion, minced garlic and seasoned chicken breasts. ( be careful not to over cook the garlic, it will turn bitter).
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
Easy to prepare and my kids enjoyed. Love it!
This was fantastic! I am a huge fan of balsamic vinaigrette so I found the full flavor to be absolutely sensuous! The chicken breasts I used were quite large so I cut them in half before cooking them. The only thing I will do differently in the future is serve this over rice or, as suggested, angel hair pasta.
I've made this recipe several times. DH and I both love it. This is very similar to the Healthy Choice Top Chef Chicken Margarita with Balsamic Vinaigrette. I reduce the vinegar a bit to make the sauce or thicken with a tiny bit of cornstarch. It really is delicious.