1/2 Photos of Chicken in a Metaxa Cream Sauce
Metaxa is a Greek brandy, good chance you won't have it in your drinks cabinet and it's no problem to use another brandy. I have been using Spanish brandy the last few times I made this, but the Metaxa does have a different flavor. If I make this for the two of us I do cut down on the chicken but make the same amount of sauce and serve it with pasta. It is a rich sauce with a distinct flavor. If you should use tarragon as an herb, taste the herb first it can be very strong sometimes and you should use less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flatten the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- 2Sprinkle them with lemon juice and then with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the butter in your frying pan and brown the chicken breasts then use a medium heat to cook them for about ten minutes, they should be almost done.
- 4Then you add the Metaxa bit by bit and let it gently evaporate.
- 5After that add the cream, let it heat through and thicken a bit.
- 6If using the herbs, add, mix and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in a Metaxa Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.1
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.6 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: