Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of our family favorites. It's creamy, delicious, and they won't mind eating their veggies. :)You can also add some shredded cheese if desired.
- 1 (26 ounce) packageshredded hash brown potatoes, , thawed
- 1 (24 ounce) packagefrozen california-blend frozen vegetables
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup French-fried onions
- In a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, layer the potatoes, vegetables, and chicken.
- In a bowl, combine soups and broth; pour over the chicken (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover; sprinkle with onions.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through and onions are golden brown.
The family really liked this recipe. It's a keeper. I think next time I will add some swiss cheese too.
Couldn't be easier to make. Once the chicken was browned, it only takes about 5 minutes to get it ready for the oven. Seemed to be missing something though. Could have benefited from some spices and a little more liquid.
I already had this recipe, but didn't have "California style" veges. I substituted "Japanese stir-fry" veges, and this has become one of our favorite stand-bys. Great way to use cooked chicken, and a fast, easy meal-in-a-pan.