Barbara's Chicken Dish
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 500 g chicken tenderloins (or chopped breasts or thighs)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 200 g sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- add the chicken, (cut in bite sized pieces) and the chopped onion.
- stir for about 2 minutes.
- add the garlic, and continue cooking till the chicken is golden.
- add the white wine.
- add the tomatos.
- add the stock or water.
- simmer until chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced.(thats why you use a LARGE pan.).
- when done, salt and cracked pepper to taste, turn off heat and cover.
- when ready to serve, re-heat, stir in the sour cream, but dont re-boil.
- serve over pasta, (I like curls) with a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe made a pleasant and quick dinner for my family. I followed the recipe but thought it was slightly lacking on seasoning. I wound up adding some red pepper flakes, basil and dill and it turned out good. I let the stock cook down into almost nothing before adding the sour cream and it was still slightly watery so next time I will wait until it is completely reduced before adding the sour cream. The chicken really soaked up the flavors in the sauce and my two-year-old ate more of that than he did the pasta, which never happens. I think next time I will double the amount of sauce ingredients, except for the chicken and sour cream so we have a bit more and I will definitely add the extra spices. Thanks for posting! We enjoyed it.
see 16 more reviews