2 hrs 30 mins
Dave of Tucson's Note:
Great for a lot of people, you may want to cut back on the hot pepper and serve Tabasco, or Red Hot on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut-up
- 2 lbs smoked sausage or 2 lbs kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 lb ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 tablespoon spanish smoked paprika
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red jalapeno powder or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder or 1 whole deseeded red jalapeno chile, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked raw rice
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1Add oil into an 8 quart pot that has been placed over moderate heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown on each side. Remove and set aside.
- 2Add the Sausage & Ham to the pot and lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- 3Season the Chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pot, and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- 4Add the Brown Sugar and stir until melted.
- 5Add Onions, Celery & Bell Peppers. Cook, stirring, until tender.
- 6Add the Garlic and Smoked Paprika, Tomatoes, Chicken Stock, Bay leaves, Red Hot, Black & Hot Pepper, Chicken, Sausages and Ham.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour
- 8Taste to adjust seasonings. Add the rice, stirring well.
- 9Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat 25-30 minutes.
- 10Stir in the Green Onions and Parsley 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Ham, and Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 922.6
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 229.4 mg
- Sodium 1778.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 62.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: