Recipe by Mirj
We once got a huge bottle of Grand Marnier as a present and I found this recipe to help me get through the whole bottle.
Top Review by nannymm
My hubby, grandson, and I loved this! The only changes I made were to use sugar-free apricot spread and omit the honey since hubby and I are both diabetic. I will definitely make this again soon.
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄4 cups apricot jam
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the Grand Marnier, jam, vinegar, mustard, honey, and red chilli flakes.
- Simmer until the honey and jam are melted.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Pour on the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake or Grill.
- TO BAKE: Pour off all but 3/4 cups marinade.
- Brush additional apricot jam onto to chicken.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- TO GRILL: Grill the chicken breasts 6 to 8 inches from the heat.
- Baste the chicken with oil and marinade during grilling.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot or at room temperature.