Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chickens are considered something a little more special than just meat by Chinese.
Make and share this Chicken General Tsao's Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken meat, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 16 small dried hot peppers
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch, blended with 1/4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- Mix sauce’s ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed.
- In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix until chicken pieces are coated evenly. Add enough vegetable oil to help separate chicken pieces.
- Divide chicken into small quantities and deep fry at 350°F until.
- crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in hot wok and heat until hot.
- Add onions and peppers and stirfry briefly.
- Stir sauce and add to wok. Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens. Serve with rice.