Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Chickens are considered something a little more special than just meat by Chinese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken meat, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 16 small dried hot peppers
- 1Mix sauce’s ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed.
- 2In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix until chicken pieces are coated evenly. Add enough vegetable oil to help separate chicken pieces.
- 3Divide chicken into small quantities and deep fry at 350°F until.
- 4crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Place a small amount of oil in hot wok and heat until hot.
- 6Add onions and peppers and stirfry briefly.
- 7Stir sauce and add to wok. Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken General Tsao's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 284.8 mg
- Sodium 3592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 83.3 g