Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 teaspoon thick soy sauce
- 1 cup canned peas
- 1 cup canned carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- Place rice in a large bowl and break up any lumps.
- Beat eggs in seperate bowl with salt and pepper.
- pour oil in wok and heat med-high, when the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the scallions; they should sizzle.
- Stir for about 15-30 seconds.
- Stir Beaten eggs into wok and scramble with a rubber spatula until the eggs are dry and seperate.
- Add the rice to the wok and mix thoroughly.
- Pour soy sauce evenly over the mixture.
- Add peas, carrots chicken and bean sprouts.
- stir constantly till all the ingredients are mixed well and heated through.
- I tend to add more soy sauce for a darker color and more defined taste.
- IF you cannot find thick soy sauce, dark soy sauce will do, but you will need to add a lot more.
- Enjoy, my family loves this recipie.