Top Review by Taterluvr
This was easy and tasty. I didn't put in the egg (just a personal preference), nor did I use bamboo shoots or bean sprouts (because the kids wouldn't eat it). I used garlic infused oil in the pan to cook the chicken, and added 2 cloves of minced garlic. At the table, we drizzled just a bit of sweet 'n sour sauce over the fried rice...added a very nice flavor to it. Thanks for a very good, easy recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chicken, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, Sliced (optional)
- 4 cups rice, Cooked
- to taste soya sauce
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up and prepare all ingredients.
- Reserve. Heat wok up with 1 tablespoon oil and fry egg into a thin sheet. Remove to plate and reserve. Add 2 tablespoons more oil to wok.
- Heat until smoking.
- Stir fry chicken and onion together until cooked.
- (If leftover meat is used, just heat through.) Add bean sprouts, peas, celery.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes with wok covered.
- Uncover wok, add all the rest of the vegetables.
- Stir fry and cook covered for 2 additional minutes.
- Add cooked rice, season with salt, pepper, soya sauce. Reduce heat to medium.
- Take your turner and break up clumps of rice as finely as possible. Make sure rice takes up soya sauce and does not remain white. Keep stir-frying until all rice is broken up and heated through.
- Shut heat off.
- Cut up sheet of egg into small pieces and stir into rice, or remove rice to serving platter and garnish with egg slivers