Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just Cher and I are doing the South Beach Diet and she asked me to share a chicken recipe I created. How could I resist not calling it Chicken for Chering. Get it?
- 16 ounces thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 4 oz. slices)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry, seasoned with
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Combine spinach and ricotta.
- Roll each piece of chicken with an equal amount of stuffing, secure with toothpick.
- Sear chicken in non-stick pan--about three minutes on each side.
- Transfer seared chicken to baking dish and bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
- Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer sauce stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
The only change I made was to scale down the recipe to feed 2. It's a good start, but there are some changes I will make in the future....1) The sauce needs to be thicker- I will either add some flour or corn starch and 2) The chicken itself was a little bland...I will season it with some poultry seasoning or something before adding the filling next time. We are trying to eat low carb and this was a good recipe to try...I think with those 2 small changes it can be excellent. We will try this again.
Followed exactly, and just wasn't wowed by this dish. It was edible and we didn't throw it away, but will not be making it again. Thanks anyway.
This was very good and the sauce was the perfect extra touch. Thank you.