Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from Paula Deen I saw on her show Paula's Home cooking. Looks absolutely delish! This can be frozen for later use and thawing out in the fridge or you can pop it right into the oven once put together.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, and shredded (about 4 pounds)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove the outer wrappers from the box of spinach. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the spinach and put into a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the spinach and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter.
- Wrap the uncooked casserole securely with plastic wrap, then with aluminum foil. Place each pan into a plastic freezer bag and seal. Place into freezer.
- Allow casserole to thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and foil. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
The flavor is good but the consistency is off. I added a package of curry flavored rice. It was not enough. I think I would cut the mayo & sour cream in 1/2 & I think I would have made pasta . I will give it another try.
I make this for my familyI made this for my family tonight,thought it sounded delicious. It was AWFUL!! Probably the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. The curry taste did not blend well at all and it was so salty I felt like I was killing my family with all the salt and fat in it. I love Paul and have made other delicious recipes but this one was a flop. So were the vidalia onion cornbread muffin she made on TV with it:o(
Absolutely yummy. More curry could be nice.