Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
Juicy chicken! Very simply and easy to make, yet looks very presentable! It was perfect to make when having guests
- 3 tablespoons kraft zesty Italian dressing, divided
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./500 g)
- 4 slices deli smoked ham (80 g)
- 1 cup shredded kraft swiss cheese
- HEAT 1 tablespoons of the dressing in large ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Add spinach; cook and stir 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- ADD remaining 2 tablespoons dressing and the chicken to skillet; turn chicken over to evenly coat both sides with dressing. Cook 5 to 6 minute on each side or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- TOP evenly with ham and cheese; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 to 2 minute or until cheese is melted. Or, place under a broiler to brown. Spoon spinach mixture evenly onto four plates; top each with a chicken breast.
- Serving Suggestion
- For a simple, yet elegant, weeknight dinner, serve with hot cooked rice and a tossed green salad.
- Substitute 8 medium fresh asparagus spears, cut in half, for the spinach. Heat dressing in skillet as directed. Add asparagus; cook and stir 5 minute or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 2 tablespoons dressing and the chicken to skillet. Continue as directed.
- Make It For Two
- Reduce the quantity of ingredients by half and prepare as directed.
We loved this recipe and it was very easy to make. The baby spinach leaves made it look very presentable, and it held the flavor of the dressing. Can't wait to try this one again!