Recipe by Purdywoman
This was a family favorite growing up. It originally called for diced tomatos; however, my dad wasn't a big tomatoe fan so we started fixing it without them. Double the soup mixture and save for a great chip dip!
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was made as written and it was total comfort food. I used 2 cups of canned tomatoes, drained. I'll used fat free soup, sour cream and low-fat cheese the next time I make this so it is healthier for my family. Made for *Bargain Basement 2009* game
- 40 nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease 9X13 baking dish.
- Place one layer of Doritos on bottom of baking dish.
- Place cooked cut up chicken over Doritos.
- In separate bowl combine diced onions, tomatoes, mushroom soup, sour cream and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Place another layer of Doritos on top.
- Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.