Recipe by Derf
Declicious strifry with a little bite. Nice served over brown rice or with tomato rice on the side.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This was my first time making from scratch fajitas. First I want to say this could be from the fajita seasoning I used it's Walmart brand and I've never used it before. I doubled this recipe. My future hubby and I thought this was good but to salty for our taste. My 6 yr old newphew and I thought this was to spicy. My peppers and onions took a extra 10 minutes. Overall this was good and I'll make it again. My next time I make it I'll skip the salt and cut back on the pepper. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
- 2 (4 ounce) chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 0.5 (35 g) package fajita seasoning mix (more if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 yellow sweet pepper, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 green sweet pepper, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces; place in sealable plastic bag.
- Whisk fajita seasoning into the chicken broth; pour over chicken in plastic bag; shake well and seal tightly , place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Veggie spray non stick wok or large frypan; heat to medium hot; pour chicken with marinade into wok, stir fry and cook down to about 1/4 cup of mainade. about 10 minutes.
- Add sweet peppers and red onion to wok, add salt and pepper, stir fry until almost all of the marinade is gone, (or until the consistancey you prefer), about 10 minutes; we like our veggies tender crisp).
- Serve hot and enjoy!