Fajita Stir Fry
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless lean beef (top round, sirloin)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- flour tortilla
- sour cream
- Cut beef into 1" strips 1/8" thick.
- Place skillet on high heat. When hot, add 1 T oil and stir fry meat until browned(1 1/2 to 2 minutes).
- Transfer meat to bowl.
- Add 1 T oil to skillet and add garlic, onion, and green pepper.
- Stir fry until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir together cumin, lime juice and cornstarch, then add to skillet.
- Return meat to pan and stir fry until mixture is hot and bubbles.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Serve in tortillas with garnishments.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this recipe! I made as written using most of the optional garnishes and chowed down to the easiest fajitas I have ever made. Great flavour and really simplified method. As a personal preference I would also use more onion in the future but these were still a winner. Thanks for sharing. Made for The Bistro Babes - ZWT 8
This was very easy to prepare and the flavor was quite good. It is still missing a key ingredient though and I just can't put my finger on it. I will try adding a bit of chili powder and Mexican oregano the next time I make this to see if that could be it. As far as fajita recipes, this is the best one I have tried so far...I think the added cornstarch helps since it thickens the sauce which allows it to cling to the meat and vegetables more. Thanks for sharing Lynn. Made as a recipenap for the 24th AUS/NZ Swap.
see 2 more reviews