Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty pasta salad that is a crowd pleaser.
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 lb chicken
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook farfalle until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain , reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water and return pasta to pot.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Rub seasoning on chicken. Add to skillet and cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate; cover.
- Cook sliced bell peppers and onion if desired until just tender, about 8 minutes. Add chicken, pour in half and half and stir to scrap up browned bits. Cook 3 minutes stirring until thickened. Stir in Parmesan and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken mixture with pasta. Add some pasta water if mixture seems dry.