Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mexico meets Italy! Perfect for when you're in the mood for something different than your tradition Italian fettucine. The bold flavors of the feta, cumin, chili powder and lime blend to make a wonderfully tangy meal!
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups bell peppers, sliced into strips (mix of red and green and yellow)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup salsa (mild or medium)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- Mix chili powder, oregano, cumin and lime juice together and add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Cook fettucine, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and add chicken. Stir until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and cook onion, garlic and peppers until done, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and bring to a boil. Add water if too thick.
- Return chicken to pan and add 3/4 cup feta cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Spoon mixture over hot fettucine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
Surprisingly, the feta went well with this dish. Even my mom ate it, and she's the pickiest person you'll ever meet. Will definitely make this again.