1/1 Photo of Chicken Fajita Burgers
Vicki in CT's Note:
These are really good. Quick and easy. Based on Rachel Ray with some changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs ground chicken
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle powder, a palm full (smoky flavor)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Seared onions and peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 bell peppers (red or green-seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1Combine chicken, chipotle powder, cilantro, hot sauce. Score and divide meat into 4 sections and form big patties, 1-inch thick. Drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil and cook 6 minutes on each side or until meat is firm and cooked through. Top with cheese to melt. (Grill or cook indoors.).
- 2Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and peppers and onions. Stir-fry the veggies tossing them with tongs to sear them at edges. Add the jalapeno or serrano pepper. Toss and turn the mixture about 3 minutes.
- 3Spread sour cream on insides of buns. Place burgers on each bun bottom and top with 1/4 of the pepper and onion mixture and bun top.
- 4Can also top with salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajita Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 606.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 45.9 g