Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really good. Quick and easy. Based on Rachel Ray with some changes.
Make and share this Chicken Fajita Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle powder, a palm full (smoky flavor)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Seared onions and peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 bell peppers (red or green-seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 crusty rolls
- sour cream
- salsa (optional)
- Combine chicken, chipotle powder, cilantro, hot sauce. Score and divide meat into 4 sections and form big patties, 1-inch thick. Drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil and cook 6 minutes on each side or until meat is firm and cooked through. Top with cheese to melt. (Grill or cook indoors.).
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and peppers and onions. Stir-fry the veggies tossing them with tongs to sear them at edges. Add the jalapeno or serrano pepper. Toss and turn the mixture about 3 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on insides of buns. Place burgers on each bun bottom and top with 1/4 of the pepper and onion mixture and bun top.
- Can also top with salsa.
My husband liked this (I didn't try it. Sorry.) but he suggested it would be better "with the sauce from the thing you made last night" which was a Greek recipe. "So, you'd like it better with sauted mushrooms and lemon juice?" "yes." So, maybe not authentic, but that's our suggestion. lol. I served it with Vicki in CT's Guadalupe's Guacamole. Reviewed for ZWT4