These are really good. Quick and easy. Based on Rachel Ray with some changes.
Make and share this Chicken Fajita Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chicken
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle powder, a palm full (smoky flavor)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Seared onions and peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 bell peppers (red or green-seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 crusty rolls
- sour cream
- salsa (optional)
- Combine chicken, chipotle powder, cilantro, hot sauce. Score and divide meat into 4 sections and form big patties, 1-inch thick. Drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil and cook 6 minutes on each side or until meat is firm and cooked through. Top with cheese to melt. (Grill or cook indoors.).
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and peppers and onions. Stir-fry the veggies tossing them with tongs to sear them at edges. Add the jalapeno or serrano pepper. Toss and turn the mixture about 3 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on insides of buns. Place burgers on each bun bottom and top with 1/4 of the pepper and onion mixture and bun top.
- Can also top with salsa.