Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
After researching other chicken enchilada recipes, I came up with my own using different things I liked
- 1 lb cut up cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 20 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain and rinse beans and corn.
- Combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, beans, corn, chiles, and garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom of 2 13'x9' pans.
- Soften tortillas in microwave, 5 at a time, between slightly damp paper towels for 50 sec. at a time.
- Scoop 3-4 T. chicken mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place edge side down in greased pan.
- Pour half of green sauce over each pan, half of salsa over each pan, and sprinkle each pan with one cup each of the cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
can't believe i haven't reviewed this recipe before. this has become a go-to option for party nights. easy, delicious and with two pans full, it makes plenty for a group. i use burrito sized flour tortillas -- the extra tortilla size helps keep everything in.