1/8 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
To save time prepare and cook the chicken a day ahead, make this as spicy as you like by using spicy salsa and you may also add in crushed chili flakes for more heat :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 small green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 x 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to suit taste)
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bottled chunky salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 -2 tomato, chopped
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9" baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and cumin; set aside.
- 4Heat a skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil.
- 5Add in the chicken saute for 2 minutes, add in the minced garlic, saute for 2 minutes more, or until the juices run clear.
- 6Divide the chicken strips among the 8 tortillas, placing them down the center of the tortillas.
- 7Top with the sour cream mixture; roll them up, and place them seam-side down in the baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 9Cover with foil; bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- 10Remove from the oven; spoon the salsa in a strip down the center, and sprinkle the chopped tomato over the salsa.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese