To save time prepare and cook the chicken a day ahead, make this as spicy as you like by using spicy salsa and you may also add in crushed chili flakes for more heat :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 small green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 x 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to suit taste)
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled chunky salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 -2 tomato, chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and cumin; set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil.
- Add in the chicken saute for 2 minutes, add in the minced garlic, saute for 2 minutes more, or until the juices run clear.
- Divide the chicken strips among the 8 tortillas, placing them down the center of the tortillas.
- Top with the sour cream mixture; roll them up, and place them seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven; spoon the salsa in a strip down the center, and sprinkle the chopped tomato over the salsa.