Easy Butterfinger Trifle Dessert
- Ready In:
- 1 prepared chocolate cake (baked and fully cooled)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (prepared with milk)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 3 -4 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Slice the baked cake into med-large size cubes, then place half of the cubes in the bottom of a large glass serving bowl/trifle bowl.
- Spread half the prepared chocolate pudding on top, then top the pudding with half of the Cool Whip, then half of the crushed candy.
- Repeat the layers ending with crushed candy on the top.
- Refrigerate the trifle.
Join The Conversation
I've made this a couple of times but never with the chocolate cake. First time I used an angel food cake (purchased at the store), sugar-free butterscotch pudding and low-fat cool whip. Second time I used the angel food cake, vanilla pudding mix, butterscotch pudding mix and regular cool whip. I drizzled caramel sauce on the top layer of the cool whip and covered it with the crushed butterfingers. Both times...I only brought home an empty trifle dish and I've just been asked to make it for the big boss' birthday part next week. Love trifles! :)
Wonderful! I used 2 small boxes of chocolate pudding, butter recipe chocolate cake, and lite cool whip. the only issue I had was getting it all to fit in my trifle bowl. I had some cake left over. Brought it to dinner at a friends house and everyone loved it. I loved that it was quick, easy, cheap, and looked impressive. I love to use my trifle bowl to make ordinary occassions a little special. Thanks for posting!
I love trifles to make for special occasions. This one did not disappoint as it's so deliciously moist and yummy. I actually took this recipe and divided into two dessert bowls. One for DH for Valentines and another for DS and girlfriend. I decided to up the pudding amount and so folded into the CoolWhip a pkg. of sugarfree instant white chocolate that I made along with the devils food instant chocolate in order to get just a bit more pudding mixture for both bowls. Perfect. Thanks for a great recipe and one I'll be making again. Made for 123Hits.~