Denae J Davis's Note:
A Green Chile Verde alternative to the traditional red sauce enchilada. Makes two to three dishes of enchiladas... feeds approx. 20. Can use alternate for chicken, and use vegetarian chicken strips if cooking for a vegetarian. This recipe does not require any boiling or shredding of the chicken and saves about 15 minutes off the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Boil chicken breasts in water till softened and thoroughly cooked -- shred with a fork.
- 3In a large saucepan on medium heat, mix half a can of chile verde sauce and the 1/2 cup flour till its a little thick.
- 4Mix in chicken and the remaining 1 1/2 cans. *I usually add in some cheese at this point, but it's not required.*.
- 5In each tortilla, spoon a good amount of the chicken mixture into the middle and roll the tortilla, place in the pan --
- 6Keep rolling all the tortillas till the pan is packed full.
- 7Pour a bottle of chile verde on top of the tortillas, spread till it covers all edges of the enchiladas. This keeps them moist when you bake them.
- 8Cover in cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts or golden brown. Whichever comes first, varies by oven.
- 9Serve warm and enjoy.
- 10Tastes great with Spanish rice and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.3
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 1277.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce