Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't know where I found this recipe -it was somewhere on the internet. I had to try it because it was similar to a dish I had on a Bunko Night. It is really yummy. I have friends that have requested it for church potlucks and dinner parties. Even my DH likes it and he isn't a big enchilada fan. Preparation time does not include time for pre-cooking the chicken. An additional step I do, just because I find it taste even better. I make the meat mixture the night before and let it sit in an airtight container all night. It really helps the flavors blend and improves an already great recipe.
- Mix 1 cup of sour cream, chicken, 1/2 cup cheese (mixed), 1/4 cup salsa and spices.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in 13 X 9 baking pan. Top with remaining salsa.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded lettuce and tomato and olives. Serve with the rest of the sour cream.
I liked these but hubby didn't. I only used 1/2 cup of sour cream based on the other reviews. I added 1/2 cup of cheese into the mixture and 1/2 cup of salsa. I also used two heaping teaspoons of taco seasoning. I only had enough filling for five but one filled me so maybe I just filled them too much.
These were good tonight. Only changes I made , I used lite sour cream, and I added an extra teaspoon of taco seasoning. I also used mild salsa. All in all it was good. Made for potluck tag.
This is a nice fast and easy recipe - dosent require a lot of prep time - I did make the recipe exactly as stated and too felt that I would cut back on the amount of sour cream the next time - I did add a little more heat with some extra chili's and added some avcado as a garnish with a few black olives - overall a very nice recipe - its stays on the to do again list!