Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for camping or increase for a crowd. Don't leave out the brown sugar, it's the key ingredient. From Sunset.
CHICKEN AND SAUCE
- 1 medium onion, cut into half-moons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) canreduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem
- lime wedges and hot sauce
- Make sauce: Saute onion in oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, oregano, chile and brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot and slightly reduced, 4 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until it's hot, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble nachos: Divide chips among bowls, top with chicken mixture, cheese, lettuce, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.