Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe from Food.com.
- In 1 1/2 to 2 quart pan, melt butter over medium heat and add flour and stir until bubbly.
- Whisk in broth, stir until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Mix in sour cream and chiles.
- Cover bottom of 9" by 13" baking dish with 1/3 cup of the sauce.
- Quickly dip tortillas in water. Drain briefly and cut into 1 inch strips Scatter 1/2 of the tortillas over sauce, then cover evenly with all the chicken and chopped onion, 2-3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Top with remaining tortillas., sauce and cheese.
- Cover dish and bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
This was a very simple, delicious weeknight dinner. We served it with Cuban Black Beans and rice. I really liked how the sauce came together, and the tortillas almost melted into the casserole. I would recommend serving with sides, as it is very creamy and rich.