Recipe by goodphone
Top Review by Lawsome
This was a very simple, delicious weeknight dinner. We served it with Cuban Black Beans and rice. I really liked how the sauce came together, and the tortillas almost melted into the casserole. I would recommend serving with sides, as it is very creamy and rich.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1 1/2 to 2 quart pan, melt butter over medium heat and add flour and stir until bubbly.
- Whisk in broth, stir until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Mix in sour cream and chiles.
- Cover bottom of 9" by 13" baking dish with 1/3 cup of the sauce.
- Quickly dip tortillas in water. Drain briefly and cut into 1 inch strips Scatter 1/2 of the tortillas over sauce, then cover evenly with all the chicken and chopped onion, 2-3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Top with remaining tortillas., sauce and cheese.
- Cover dish and bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.