Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Chicken Dumpling Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons better than bouillon chicken base
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Add water and chicken to soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer.
- While chicken is simmering, add onions. I use a chopper to finely chip mine. Some people like the onions thicker. Add more or less onion for taste.
- While those are still simmering, peel and cut carrots. Add to simmer.
- Add soup base, salt and pepper to the level of taste preferred.
- Combine flour and eggs to a good noodle consistency. I use 3 eggs and add flour until the consistency I want is there.
- Spread dough out on counter with flour to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use pizza cutter to cut noodles to small pieces about 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch.
- Add those into the simmer.
- Simmer for about an additional 30 minutes.
- This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator and tastes better the next day in my opinion.