Recipe by echo echo
Chicken flavored with the honey-sweetened Scotch-based liqueur Drambuie. Good served with pilaf and asparagus with lemon juice and butter.
Top Review by BarbryT
Amazing chicken. I was concerned that it would be too sweet, but far from it! It is simply delicious and cooking the breasts at 300 degrees F makes them fall-apart tender. I did forget the thyme since it isn't specified in the directions but since I "thirded" :-) the recipe and made only two chicken breasts, I suspect that omitting one-third of a dash of thyme didn't have too much effect. Make this, folks!
- 6 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup drambuie
- 1 dash dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, in butter in a skillet; remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and parsley in the same pan.
- Add the tarragon and 2 Tbs Drambuie to the pan and simmer 2 minutes more.
- Lay each chicken breast on a square of foil.
- Coat each breast with the Drambuie sauce and sprinkle with thyme.
- Seal and bake 1 hr at 300°.
- Remove and open each foil pack.
- Pour the rest of Drambuie over chicken, reseal the foil and leave to cook another 5 minutes.