Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I tried to replicate something I had at an Afghan restaurant. This doesn't taste anything like that but it's still awesome! Very simple, a great weeknight dinner for curry lovers everywhere.
- 1 cup light mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, quartered (8-10 count )
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, jalapeno juice and spices in a medium bowl (you may decide to add more curry to taste).
- Being careful not to tear the artichoke hearts apart too much, gently add to spice mixture and set aside.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and let heat over medium-high for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken, stirring to cook until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Pour spice mixture into the pan, gently stirring for about 5 minutes (still on med-high heat).
- Serve over brown rice.
This was good. I really liked the sauce, and wished there was even more of it. I forgot to add the jalapeno juice, but I think that would make it even better. I also liked using brown rice to make it even healthier. I made this ahead, and reheated it, putting it over fresh rice.
This is super good. Really curry-ish and a snap to put together. The chicken was super tender. Would be lovely with some chopped cilantro or mint on top. Will make again. Yum!