Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My pressure cooker "uses" 1 cup of liquid every 15 minutes. Therefore this recipe results in about 2 cups of thickened sauce. Add more water for more sauce, but remember that it will be thinner and perhaps the seasoning will need to be adjusted. The spice paste and seasoning is done without pressure, but the chicken is cooked under high pressure.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- olive oil, for sauteeing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, to make a paste
- 2 tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1. In pressure cooker pan, sautee onions, garlic in ginger in olive oil until fragrant, but not brown.
- 2. combine spices and 1 cup water to make a paste, pour over the aromatics and sautee until fragrant, do not brown.
- 3. stir in the tomatoes, and chicken pieces coating with the spice mixture.
- 4. Pour over 4 cups of water and place lid on pressure cooker.
- 5. Bring up to high pressure and cook at a level to maintain high pressure for 25 minute
- 6. Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to drop naturally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7. Carefully remove lid away from you and check for doneness.
- 8. stir in sourcream before serving.