Recipe by Sharlene~W
Easy and tasty. A great change of pace. Chef's Note: According to the directions, as written, the chicken has a total cooking time of about 17 minutes. This is ample time if you are using thin pieces. If you are using thick, large pieces, please increase cooking time accordingly.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock, heated
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- sliced pitted ripe olives (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large frying pan.
- Add onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Lower temperature to low.
- Mix in curry powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Add chicken and stir; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking 9 to 10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water; stir into sauce.
- Cook for a minute or so to blend.
- Pour in cream and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and olives.