1/2 Photos of Chicken & Cream of Mushroom over Egg Noodles
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This recipe came from the Rachael Ray show. Now, sometimes the recipes are good and sometimes, the recipes are not so tasty. This one, however I think was pretty good. I think the cream of mushroom is better than the canned soup, but that's my opinion. I am not above using the canned stuff, but sometimes, it's not what I want. I have adapted this to my taste and the things I keep on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (or chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb mushroom (large ones cut in quarters small ones cut in half)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 cup cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1Cook the noodles in salted water according to package directions.
- 2While the water is coming up to a boil, preheat a large skillet over high heat with oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- 3Add the chicken, spreading it out in an even layer, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook 3 minutes on each side.
- 5In another large preheated skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and add the mushrooms.
- 6Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 7Once the mushrooms have browned up, season them with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 8Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the mushroom skillet, then add the flour.
- 9Cook for 1 minute and whisk in 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, the heavy cream and Dijon mustard.
- 10While the mushroom skillet is coming up to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock to the skillet with the chicken and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen up the browned bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- 11Transfer chicken and the liquid to the skillet with the mushrooms.
- 12Stir to combine, and cook about 1 minute more, or until thick.
- 13Drain and then return the noodles to the pot and add the 2 tablespoons of butter a little salt, pepper, chives, and parsley and stir to melt the butter.
- 14To serve, divide the noodles between 4 serving plates, spoon the chicken and mushrooms over the noodles and garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Cream of Mushroom over Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1064.8
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 251.0 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 59.5 g